The Alexmoor Group of companies (Manchester Panel Products Ltd, Preston Plywood Ltd & Worcester Panels, Doors & Cubicles Ltd) recognise that we have a responsibility to the environment and will endeavour to carry out business in ways which are as "environmentally friendly" as possible.
- The Group will not knowingly act in ways which damage the environment or engage in activities which promote such damage by its suppliers or sub-contractors.
- As an ISO 9001:2000 approved organisation (MPP), we regularly appraise our suppliers to ensure their products and services meet the standards demanded by the group. Where appropriate a supplier's environmental policy is investigated before approval to supply the group is granted.
- The group will encourage its staff, and Customers & suppliers alike, to adopt good environmental practices and will promote energy efficiency and waste minimisation.
- The group will not knowingly purchase goods which are illegally produced or which are manufactured contrary to current legislation. Wherever possible the group will source its supplies of panel products and doors from manufacturers which have achieved 3rd party certified approval, or which are known to obtain their raw materials from verifiable well managed forests.
- The group will comply with all current legislation regarding the disposal of waste materials and packaging, and will ensure that only approved sub-contractors are employed to carry out the removal and safe disposal of such waste in an environmentally responsible manner.
- The Group will provide a safe working environment for its staff and will comply with all relevant legislation relating to a workplace. All staff will be provided with the necessary training and information to enable them to carry out their duties in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- We will review our environmental policy on a regular basis to ensure that it continues to comply with all relevant legislation.
The Alexmoor Group
Richard A. Greaves – Managing Director